What word best describes the world’s mood as we enter 2012? How about …..UNCERTAINTY?
Uncertainty is the absence of…..duh….certainty. How do you determine what’s true and what isn’t?
• Pragmatism (It’s right if it works.)
• Pluralism (There’s no single, right answer.)
• Existentialism (You determine what’s right for you.)
• Relativism (Truth varies.)
• Syncretism (Truth comes from merging beliefs.)
• Rationalism (Man’s reason is the supreme authority.)
• Empiricism (Truth is arrived at via sensual experience.)
• Atheism (There is no God.)
• Agnosticism (Ultimate knowledge can’t be attained.)
When it comes to defining ultimate truth, what matters is not how you feel; it’s what you know. This line is from an ancient book of songs:
“Be still and know that I am God.”
Do we pause long enough to discover Truth? What do you know for sure?